There are many challenges faced by patients of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and other Neurological Diseases (ND): late diagnosis, social stigma, lack of education / awareness among patients / caregivers, lack of holistic approaches to managing PD and ND, lack of medical access among poor patients, and lack of support groups.
It is in this context that we started SAAR Foundation with the mission of making a difference to the lives of PD and ND patients by addressing these challenges.
SAAR is an acronym for the four pillars on which all of SAAR’s activities will be focused: Support, Awareness, Action and Rehabilitation.
We welcome you to partner with us in this journey.
- A state of art neurological rehabilitation centre
- Non profit community based
- Air water land based therapy
- One of its kind in Tamil Nadu
- Establish support groups across Chennai & Tamilnadu and india
- Medical support to needy ones
- Conduct awareness programs for patients and caregivers
- Regular medical camps with movement disorder specialists
- Educate patients and caregivers
- Help them be self sufficient and lead better life
- Home for patients who are terminally ill for pallliative and supportive therapy with love till theend
At SAAR FOUNDATION we are a great team with a vision to provide rehabilitation and education for people with Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders through physiotherapy, land, air,water-based exercises, yoga, dance, taichi and other alternative therapies.
Conduct discussions, lectures and demonstrations on the many facets of neurological diseases.
Establish support groups across Tamil Nadu and the rest of India.
I AM SO GRATEFUL TO SAAR Foundation and Dr.Shantipriya, for enabling us to reach DR. VIJAYARAGAVAN, whohas given rays of hope for my 92 yrs. old aunt and her husband who almost concluded and lost all hope! HATS OFF TO SAAR! Thanks a million.
Before this event i dont know about Parkinson’s. Now i knew little bit about it. I’ll surely recommend it. Also i’ll learn about this more and do awareness from my side. Thank you Saar foundation and Priya Mam.